City Hall - Brewer, Maine

Vital Records

The City Clerk’s Office manages all vital records requests. Many vital records are confidential and proof of eligibility may be required.

To request a copy of a birth certificate, please complete our
Birth Certificate Request Form

To request a copy of a marriage certificate, please complete our
Marriage Certificate Request Form

To request a copy of a death certificate, please complete our
Death Certificate Request Form


Getting Married?

Get started by completing an Intention of Marriage Application (please note that the Signed Certification section of the form must not be filled out in advance).

Completed Intention of Marriage Applications can be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office at Brewer City Hall, 80 North Main Street, Brewer, Maine. Maine residents must file Intention of Marriage Applications in a municipality in which one of them resides. Non-residents may file Intention of Marriage Applications in any municipal clerk’s office.

Once the Intention of Marriage Application has been received and reviewed, the Clerk’s Office will schedule an in-person appointment. Each party must provide proof of identity and proof of residency. If either party was previously married and is now divorced or widowed, a certified copy of documentation showing how the last marriage ended is required. There is a $40 fee to obtain a Marriage License. Marriage Certificates are also available to order.

Please note that the Brewer City Clerk’s Office issues Marriage Licenses but does not conduct marriage ceremonies.