The Environmental Services Department was created in 1998 to take on management responsibility for all the City’s environmental related programs, including the following:
- Solid Waste Management Programs
- Curbside Collection of Trash and Recycling
- Water Pollution Control Facility (located on Oak Street)
- Sewer and Storm water Collection and Conveyance Systems
- Storm water Management Program
- Private Onsite Septic Systems Public Education Program
These programs are dedicated to providing a safe, clean and healthy environment for all Brewer residents and businesses, while complying with all Maine Department of Environmental Protection (MDEP) environmental laws and regulations. The Environmental Services Department and its employees take great pride in their commitment and responsibility to the environment and the citizens of Brewer.
Kenneth W. Locke, Director
City Environmental Department employees Tracy Drew, Ken Locke and Lou Colburn (from left to right) performed Stormwater Pollution Prevention public education at the 2015 Cabin Fever Reliever at Brewer Auditorium on February 28 and March 1.
The public education focuses on what residents can do to prevent polluted stormwater from leaving their property during rain events.
The City of Brewer is an equal opportunity employer and service provider.