Brewer’s City Health Officer is appointed by City Council and re-certified every three years. Currently, Kristie Rines, Deputy Code Enforcement Officer, serves as the City of Brewer’s Health Officer. Responsibilities of this position include:
- To be an overall health resource to the Brewer community;
- To act as a mediator and problem-solver in the resolution of citizen complaints;
- To investigate complaints that cannot be resolved and enforce the outcome(s);
- To report and inform City Council of the community’s public health status;
- To report to the Maine Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) on any perceived health threats.
To speak with the Health Officer with regard to the above situations, please call 207.989.7790.