Disclaimer for City of Brewer Social Media Sites
This site is operated by the City of Brewer, Maine. The purpose of this site is to disseminate information on specific services, events, meeting schedules, and City of Brewer related news. This site is not a public forum. Comments posted to this site will be monitored and reviewed for relevance, content, and legal compliance.
The City of Brewer reserves the right to edit or remove inappropriate comments. Commercial advertising content on this site is not controlled or endorsed by the City of Brewer. Below are examples of inappropriate postings that may be removed:
- Comments not topically related to the particular social medium article being discussed;
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Comments containing profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Content not suitable for readers or viewers of all ages;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
The City of Brewer does not act in place of, or in the absence of, a parent or guardian and is not responsible for enforcing any restrictions that a parent or guardian may place on a minor’s use of this site.
By posting a comment or other content, you agree to indemnify the City of Brewer and its officers, employees, and other authorized agents from and against all liabilities, judgments, damages, and costs, including attorneys fees, incurred by any of them that arise out of or are related to the content that you post.