City Hall - Brewer, Maine

Yard Sale Permits

A permit is required to hold a yard / lawn / garage / moving sale.  Each address or person is allowed two sales per year.  A permit allows a resident to host one sale for up to three consecutive days.

Yard sale permits are $3.00 and can be obtained in the Tax Office at Brewer City Hall (lower level), Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Rainout policy:

If you do not hold your sale at all due to inclement weather, you can call the Tax Office at 207.989.7060 and provide us an alternate date for the sale.  However, if you set up your sale—even if only for a partial day—you are considered to have held your sale.