Curbside collection of brush, leaves and white goods starts Monday, May 3, 2021 starting north (Eddington end) and working south towards the Orrington end of the City.
The Brewer landfill will be open to Brewer Residents from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday starting Saturday, May 1, 2021 and going to Saturday, May 22, 2021. During this time, we will be accepting any materials allowable at the landfill.
Please note: Regular disposal area fees will be charged on all items.
NO CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS, MATTRESSES, OR FURNITURE WILL BE PICKED UP CURBSIDE
Q. What will the City collect curbside during Spring Clean up?
A. ONLY non-Freon containing white goods, leaves and tree waste will be picked up curbside. These are:
- White goods – stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, and other miscellaneous metals.
- Leaves – must be in biodegradable bags and may include garden waste such as old flowers, small plants etc. Please, no soil, branches, plant pots or trash (bags are available for purchase from the Brewer Landfill @ $0.50 per bag; the bags are usually available at Hannaford, Aubuchon, and Lowes).
- Tree Waste – up to 8’ long branches and logs, but no stumps.
Elderly residents or disabled individuals with physical limitations who are unable to deliver materials to the Brewer Landfill can contact David Cote at the Public Works office at 989-7800 to make arrangements for a scheduled pickup. These will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
How do I dispose of other materials that can be taken at the Brewer Landfill?
Brewer residents, after obtaining a CDD Landfill Permit at the Landfill located at 403 Elm Street in Brewer, may deliver any acceptable materials to the Landfill Tuesday through Saturday, from May 1stthrough May 22nd. The Landfill will be open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please have all materials separated so the Landfill Attendant can inspect the load easily. Absolutely no contractors are allowed to dispose of material at the landfill.
Is there a cost to dispose of items at the landfill during Spring Clean up?
- Regular disposal area fees will be charged on all items. The fee schedule is available at http://brewermaine.gov/environmental-services/brewer-landfill/.
What are the disposal options for materials that are unacceptable for the landfill or curbside collection?
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) – The City will be participating in a HHW Program at a later date. This program provides for disposal of gas, antifreeze, kerosene, oil, oil-based paint, latex paint, turpentine, brake fluid, paint removers and thinners, linseed oil, varnish, transmission fluid, chemical fertilizer, fungicides, rat poison, chemicals, herbicides and pesticides. More information will be provided later this summer.
- Mercury-containing products (computers, monitors, TV’s, fluorescent tubes, rechargeable batteries, thermometers, thermostats and ballasts) – deliver to the Universal Waste Recycling Building at the City’s Wastewater Treatment Plant located on Oak Street. Their schedule is on the City of Brewer’s website: brewermaine.gov
The City will enforce its’ Solid Waste Ordinance for persons who make deposits or dumps refuse or waste material of any kind within the limits of any public way, and shall be subject to applicable fines.
For questions regarding the 2021 Spring Clean-up Program, please call the Public Works Dept. at 989-7800. This information and much more can also be found on the City of Brewer website at (www.brewermaine.gov)